One Stop at JASA
One Stop at JASA is a unique program where competent and caring professionals assist seniors aged 60 and older resolve their problems – all in one convenient neighborhood location.
Social workers help seniors navigate the complex world of benefits and entitlements, public and private health care, housing, legal and financial issues, and cope with day to day needs.
Seniors over 60 who live on 59th Street to 125th Street west of Central Park can walk-in and meet individually with a social worker. Services are offered in both English and Spanish at no charge.
WE HELP WITH:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Housing Issues
- Legal services and Eviction
- Senior Citizens Increase Exemption (SCRIE)
- Accessing financial assistance for prescription drugs, energy/telephone bills, and special tax refunds
The Interchurch Center, Suite 1846
475 Riverside Drive at 120th Street, NYC
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm
Franciscan Community Center
214 West 97th Street, NYC
Hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays,
9am – 3pm
Council Member Helen Rosenthal’s Office
563 Columbus Ave, NYC
10am – 3pm
Due to COVID-19, One Stop offices are currently closed to walk-ins. We are fully operating remotely, and encourage all those in need of assistance to call.
For more information