Census 2020 is here!
WHAT IS THE CENSUS?
- The Census occurs every ten years and counts every person in the United States to determine demographic changes over time.
YOUR RESPONSE MATTERS!
- It is important for older adults to stand up and be counted. Your participation in the Census is vitally important as older adults are frequently under-reported. An accurate count will ensure that the programs and services you rely upon are fairly funded.
- Census data directs more than $675 billion in federal funding to support local communities, including services for older adults like:
- Senior center updates and programming
- Medicare Part B
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
- Census data determines the number of congressional representatives for New York State
- Census data determines the boundaries of congressional and state districts
THE CENSUS WILL ASK THE FOLLOWING:
- Your home address
- How many people are living or staying in your home
- Sex, age, race and ethnicity
- Whether your home is owned or rented
THE CENSUS WILL NEVER ASK THE FOLLOWING:
- Immigration or citizenship status
- Social Security Number
YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS!
- All responses are confidential and protected by law and cannot be used against you in any way.
- By law, the Census Bureau cannot share any information with other government agencies, including law enforcement.
SHAPE YOUR FUTURE!
HERE'S HOW TO COMPLETE THE FORM:
Click here for language lines
- English: 844.330.2020
- Spanish: 844.468.2020
- Chinese (Mandarin): 844.391.2020
- Chinese (Cantonese): 844.398.2020
- Vietnamese: 844.461.2020
- Korean: 844.392.2020
- Russian: 844.417.2020
- Arabic: 844.416.2020
- Tagalog: 844.478.2020
- Polish: 844.479.2020
- French: 844.494.2020
- Haitian Creole: 844.477.2020
- Portuguese: 844.474.2020
- Japanese: 844.460.2020
- English (Puerto Rico residents): 844.418.2020
- Spanish (Puerto Rico residents): 844.426.2020
- Telephone Display Device (TDD): 844.467.2020
Census Self-Response Phase: March 12 - October 31
Complete the form now online or by phone.
Non-Response Follow Up: August 11 - October 31
Census takers will interview households in person.