During the pandemic, we have all missed the people, places, and things that give us meaning. Technology has been a lifeline for many. However, older adults who are most at-risk from the virus and from isolation, are also at a significant disadvantage when it comes to technology.
While JASA now offers our programs virtually - including 100 free monthly classes and mental health support - too many older adults still can not fully access these services. JASA’s Let’s Get Digital campaign raises money to provide technology for seniors to get connected and stay connected with family and friends. Donations will fund devices, internet access, tech set up, and training.
- FaceTime or Zoom with your grandparent, parents, or older family member and post a screenshot of the conversation. Share their best advice or your favorite story.
- Or, just share a photo of your grandparent, parent or older family member with your favorite story or advice.
- Share a post tagging @JASASeniors and #LetsGetDigital
- Volunteer with JASAChat and connect with a senior for a weekly conversation
- Check in more regularly with your older family members