Educate. Advocate. Act.
As the go-to agency serving older New Yorkers, JASA has a well-established reputation of empowering and training seniors to effectively advocate for themselves in local, city, state, and federal government.
What better way to have your voice heard than to vote?
In light of COVID-19 and the upcoming election, JASA is launching the #JASAVotes campaign to help older adults and their families register to vote, learn about new voting procedures, and share information with the larger community.
JASAVotes Virtual Information Sessions
JASAVotes information sessions are FREE and open to people of all ages. Each webinar covers the same material focused on voting in New York State. Sign up below!
October 8 Webinar
1:00pm - 1:45pm
October 22 Webinar
1:00pm - 1:45pm
Voting and Elections 2020: What You Need to Know
October 9: Deadline to Register for Upcoming Election
October 24 - November 1: Early Voting Period
October 27: Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot
November 3: Election Day
*Note: Dates and deadlines above are for New York State. If you are outside of NY, check your specific state deadlines and guidelines.
REGISTER TO VOTE
CLICK for Voter Registration Form
ALL NEW YORK STATE VOTERS CAN NOW VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT
- Apply to vote by absentee ballot using the "temporary illness" cause;
- Apply to vote by absentee ballot more than 30 days ahead of the election;
- Boards of elections will now process absentee ballots received the day after the election that do not have a visible postmark date.
How to Request an Absentee Ballot:
- Absentee Ballot Online Request Form (NY State Deadline: October 27th)
- Email request to your local county board of elections
- Fax request to your local county board of elections
- Go in-person to your local county board of elections (NY State Deadline: November 2nd)
- Mail a paper application to your local county board of elections.
- NY State Absentee Ballot Application Forms in English and Spanish
JASA is a 501c3 non-profit and non-partisan organization. JASA does not support or oppose any candidates or parties.