Careers at JASA Senior Human Resource Recruiter - Human Resources
Working in close collaboration with the Director of Human Resources to manage the recruitment of union and non union positions for JASA’s 50 locations. Works closely with internal stakeholders and external sources to recruit and screen potential candidates to fill open vacancies. Ensures the timely processing of potential candidates and facilitates employee onboarding. Position is fast-paced and requires significant flexibility, multitasking abilities and ownership of the recruitment process for the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the full recruitment process for all open positions within the organization as follows:
- Meets with hiring managers to learn the specifics of openings, discuss recruitment process and identifies the hiring contacts for interviewing.
- Posts all open positions both internally and externally (on websites/job boards/schools, etc.) after obtaining required approvals.
- Reviews submitted resumes for selection and meets with hiring manager to discuss qualified candidates for interviews.
- Schedules candidate interviews and meets with hiring manager after interviewing process for final candidate selection.
- Conducts reference checks for selected candidates.
- Submits candidate resumes, applications, references and educational or certification/licensing (if required) to HR Department for final hiring approval.
- Notifies hiring manager of final hiring approval and arranges candidate start dates.
- Drafts and sends conditional offer to candidate; meets with candidate to go over appropriate forms for completion and confirm start dates.
- Completes IT onboarding forms and works with the HR team to begin the onboarding and orientation processes.
- Troubleshoots any hard to fill open vacancies to find new and innovative ways to fill positions.
- Attends Job Fairs/Community events to promote JASA as an employer of choice.
- Assists with development and utilization of marketing and outreach materials to target potential candidates.
- Develops effective working relationships with community organizations, training programs and any appropriate potential referral/recruitment sources.
- Meets, maintains tracks monthly recruitment goals as defined by Director of Human Resources.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or 4-8 years of related recruitment experience required.
- One to three years Human Resources generalist experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in unionized environments preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective and persuasive English communication skills (oral and written).
- Effective interpersonal skills; self-motivated and willingness to take ownership of job responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentially at all times is required.
- Ability to travel locally as required.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software, and internet savvy. Knowledge of current version of Microsoft Office and Google Suite (spreadsheets, word documents, email, calendar, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Must work well in fast-paced team environment.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends as required.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Russian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Creole is a plus.
Up to $85,000 annually