Careers at JASA Property Manager- JHM/ 1490 Southern Blvd.
Located in the Bronx. Preferably Spanish/ English speaking.
Manages and directs the daily operations of JASA housing property(ies). Oversees the rental process, cleaning repair and maintenance of the buildings and exterior grounds, reporting to and interacting with HUD, HPD, HDC and other regulatory agencies. Also responsible for recruitment, training, development and overall supervision of the onsite staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three or more years building management experience, preferably in a large multi-family development.
- Working knowledge of property maintenance, supervision experience, general knowledge of real estate management.
- Working knowledge of HUD, HPD, HDC regulations and procedures
- Demonstrated expertise with HPD/HDC Tax Credit property management regulations, compliance and operations.
- Required to be on call at all times or arrange for coverage. Emergency messages are transmitted through 24-hour email and home telephone and office/home answering machines.
- Knowledge of building systems including but not limited to HVAC, boilers, appliances, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and general construction.
- Ability to complete assignments efficiently, set priority, meet deadlines, work on several projects at once, and to deal with staff effectively at various locations.
- Must have a sensitivity for and understanding of the needs of the elderly.
- Must be computer literate, and willing to learn program-specific software.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written.