Careers at JASA Porter Guard - Brookdale Village Housing
Under supervision of the Assistant Superintendent, cleans and services buildings and environs. Moves equipment in and around buildings and performs a variety of housekeeping and desk duties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning/Dusting Interior:
Cleans roofs, hall areas, stairs, apartment doors, windows and sills, baseboard crowns, elevator cabs, elevator floor bucks, trash closets, hoppers, slop sinks, lobby floors, vestibule floors, all glazed areas, pictures, light fixtures, metalwork, storerooms, workshops, laundry rooms and bathrooms. Cleans and removes all items left in vacant apartments, dusts vestibule and all other areas.
Trims shrubbery, weeds, sweeps sidewalks, courtyards and parking lots. Removes snow/ice from sidewalks, courtyards and parking lots. Deposits garbage in receptacles for disposal. Removes debris from grounds including grass and landscaped areas. Keeps common areas free from graffiti and/or any unsightly marks.
- Desk Duties:
Insures that all arriving visitors sign the log book. Responds to all alarms by immediately entering the event in the log book, proceeding to the affected area, entering the apartment (if necessary), determining the nature of the emergency, notifying appropriate emergency services, tenants and supervisor.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- One or more years previous related experience preferred.
- Ability to read, speak and follow directions in English.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting, moving or carrying packages, furniture or office equipment.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends as assigned.
- Must be able to climb stairs, climb ladders and bend.
Rate: $16.38 per hour