Careers at JASA Payroll Administrator - Finance
Exempt / Non-Union / Full Time
Job Type: Full Time
The Payroll Administrator works with the Payroll Manager to ensure that JASA’s payroll transactions for its 50+ sites are processed in a timely and accurate manner. This includes reviewing paperwork received; importing files; ensuring proper paperwork and approvals prior to payroll processing; reconciling payroll prior to transmission; and validating reports. The position requires significant computer work, both within and external to the current payroll system. Significant knowledge of both ADP Workforce Now and Excel is key.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Using ADP Workforce Now, enter payroll-related information for New Hires, Terminations and Assignment Changes.
- Review timesheets for accuracy/approval and upload files from ADP E-Time timekeeping system.
- Work closely with Human Resources team to maintain accurate personnel and benefits changes related to payroll.
- Calculate monthly union benefits and prepare payment requests.
- Upload ADP CD-ROM’s containing payroll reports for audits and other projects.
- Assist with various audits and provide information as needed.
- Communicate with managers and staff via email and letters regarding changes, errors, etc.
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports utilizing ADP Custom Reporting.
- Assist with year-end payroll reporting and preparation of W-2 forms.
- Work with employees to resolve any issues.
- Serve as backup in absence of the Payroll Manager.
- Fast-paced, deadline-sensitive position. Will require some evening and weekend hours, as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have 5+ years working in payroll
- ADP Workforce Now / Custom Reporting experience preferred
- Ability to work independently in a multi-tasked environment under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and current Google applications;
must be willing to learn program-specific software
- Previous exposure to union contracts preferred
- Previous experience working in social services organization preferred
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess problem-solving and analytical skills, initiative and the ability
to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills
- Successful team player
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Up to $60,000 - $65,000
Payroll Administrator - Finance