Careers at JASA Clinical Social Worker / Behavioral Health Clinician Part Time or Full Time
The Clinical Social Worker will deliver services to address the behavioral health needs of older New Yorkers in the Bronx under the auspices of JASA’s Geriatric Mental Health Outpatient Treatment Program, licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health.
- Provide evidence-based mental health interventions to individuals, families, and groups, in-person and remotely
- Administer mental health screening tools
- Develop, implement, monitor and document treatment plans
- Provide appropriate information and referrals to clients and collaterals
- Complete required case records, reports and statistics within mandated timeframes, utilizing electronic systems (EHR, funders’ systems, Google Docs and Sheets, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Maintain cooperative relationships with public and voluntary agencies, programs, services and facilities
- Participate actively in regular individual and group clinical supervision, including interdisciplinary team conferences
- Participate in staff meetings, program planning, trainings, conferences
- Represent the agency at events and meetings as needed
- Ensure all services meet regulatory requirements
- May be required to provide services in the home of program participants as medically necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
In addition to its main location, JASA’s mental health outpatient treatment program offers co-located mental health clinical services onsite in select Bronx-based older adult centers. In addition to the Primary Responsibilities described above, if assigned to work in such satellite sites, the Clinical Social Worker will utilize outreach strategies to engage older adults in mental health services and provide case consultations and psychoeducation to senior center staff members. This individual demonstrates the ability to operate well in a host environment.
To meet the needs of the large number of individuals seeking services with JASA’s Geriatric Mental Health outpatient treatment program who are non-English mono-lingual Spanish-speaking, the Clinical Social Worker may be required to conduct the Primary Responsibilities described above in Spanish.
Clinical Social Worker may be required on a rotating basis to carry a company cell phone during evenings, weekends, and holidays, and be available to respond to a crisis, either spending time on the telephone, or assisting the client in person.
- Possession of a New York State professional license; LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, LCAT, LMFT, Clinical Psychology, or similar
- At least two years working in a mental health setting or with an older adult population or similar - preferred
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively and engage in quality improvement activities as part of a committed, integrated team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and concisely both in writing and orally
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems; to elicit, comprehend, and synthesize accurate and specific information; prioritize work; to work independently; and to excel in a high-performance culture
- An understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients
- Professional maturity and strong commitment to JASA’s mission
- Basic computer skills; familiarity with an electronic client record system preferred
Rate: Up to $60,000 - $70,000 annually depending on experience
JASA’s mental health outpatient treatment program provides supervision for clinical licensure.
JASA’s mental health outpatient treatment program is affiliated with HRSA National Health Service Corps (NHSC) federal student loan forgiveness program. Check out JASA's profile on the Health Workforce Connector: