Careers at JASA Clerical Assistant- Brooklyn Home Delivered Meals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements office administration procedures under direction of supervisor. Supervises clerical staff.
- Develops new procedures, schedules workflow and assignments to meet deadlines. Composes own correspondence.
- Produces letters, memos, proposals, statistical material, or reports in draft or final form.
- Proofreads and corrects documents.
- Answers telephone, routes calls, takes messages, schedules appointments and arranges meetings.
- Takes minutes as needed, transcribes and distributes to attendees.
- Establishes and maintains office filing system. a petty cash fund, reconciles and files for reimbursements.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, prepares outgoing mail for mailing. Maintains and submits payroll time sheets.
- Maintains office supply inventory, prepares orders for office supplies, equipment, and other items.
- Contacts outside agencies to solicit information and assistance.
- Compiles statistical reports and other data under direction of supervisor, Handles confidential memoranda for director. Performs other duties as requested.
High School graduate or equivalent. Ability to type a minimum of 65 wpm. Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion. Ability to handle own correspondence and the ability to express himself/herself dearly and concisely via oral and written communication. Ability to complete assignment efficiently, set priority, meet deadlines, work on several projects at once, and to deal with staff effectively at various locations. Must be computer literate, and willing to learn program-specific software.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPerfect 5. 1 word processing, Lotus, Excel, and other software as needed. Ability to use electric typewriter, computer, photocopier, fax, calculator, postage meter and other office equipment. Good grammar, spelling and arithmetic skills. Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of the elderly. Minimum two years secretarial or other clerical experience. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written,
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment