Under supervision of the Program Director of the Older Adult Center and the Director of Information and Assistance, the Case Manager is responsible to provide Information and Referral and Case Assistance services to participants at the center in person and remotely.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of specific information about health, welfare, education and social and recreation services available to serve the older adult client.
- Screens client eligibility for appropriate benefits and entitlements, assists with applying for benefits and provides advocacy in securing benefits and entitlements.
- Assists with arranging services such as transportation, homecare services, home delivered meals, public assistance, Medicare, Medicaid, emergency cash relief, legal aid, protective services, vocational placement, medical and psychiatric examination and therapy, housing, etc.
- Conducts community education and support groups.
- Informs supervisor of situations of crisis or circumstances where the worker requires further guidance.
- Participates in training and unit meetings
- Explains and interprets the agency’s programs to clients.
- Works closely with community organizations to meet the needs of the clients.
- Completes required case records, reports and statistics, utilizing secure electronic databases as required.
- Staff "Cooling Centers" or other necessary responses for older adult center members when ordered by City funders; may require working extended hours during the week or weekends.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- Graduate of an Accredited College or University with B.S.W./or B.A./B.S. degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills (including record keeping skills)
- Some prior group leadership experience is preferred.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Ability to read, write speak and understand English.
- Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
Rate $24.45 per hour