Careers at JASA Assistant Finance Manager - Community Guardian Program
Summary of Position
The Supervisor of the Community Guardian Program is responsible for financial matters of the Community Guardian Program. This position supervises 3 direct reports and shares responsibility of the financials with another Supervisor and reports to the Assistant Controller of JASA Services.
Responsibilities include monthly financial reporting, journal entries, ledger reconciliation, external audit preparation, automating processes, marshalling new clients, supervising, and preparing annual reports and discharge reports. This position balances a significant workload and works collaboratively with a varied group of people. Decision-making needs to be consultative in nature with affected and impacted constituencies.
- Marshalling new clients
- Managing the account structure and reporting integrity of General Ledger for the Community Guardian Program
- Supervise monthly bank reconciliations
- Consolidate client bank accounts to Signature bank
- Liaison with the Assistant Controller for the external Audit
- Managing Over resourced accounts and pushing resolution
- Eliminating mail that is already received electronically
- Liaison with the Assistant Controller for the client tax returns
- Oversee preparation of Annual Reports and Discharge Reports
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field with 5 years experience in progressively responsible business positions involving finance, budget, general accounting, financial analysis, management, or record keeping. Minimum of 2 years supervising experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to manage details and organize date for various constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to manage people
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with multiple / competing deadlines
- Expert ability to navigate and create reports from different financial management systems (FEZ)
- Proficient in working with computer applications including Microsoft Excel
Rate: Up to $59,677.80 annually