Careers at JASA Accountant—Community Guardian Program
Duties and Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
• Prepare various account analyses, tax returns and annual court accountings on behalf of clients, as needed.
• Marshal and manage clients’ assets and liabilities in accordance with approved budget.
• Interact with vendors; service providers; and agencies on behalf of clients.
• Provide financial summaries and reports as requested by management and governmental agencies.
• Prepare and analyze statistical accounting information.
• Prepare and post cash receipts, cash disbursements and approved journal entries for client accounts, as needed.
• Reconcile accounts, as needed.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in accounting or finance.
• Minimum one to two years of previous professional experience in accounting or auditing.
• Ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
• Must be computer proficient, including the ability and willingness to learn and use program-specific software.
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with others, internally and externally.
• Ability to analyze and organize financial data to support decision making.
• Willingness to take ownership of one’s work product.
• Perform duties accurately and timely.
• Willingness and ability to offer and accept assistance as needed.
• Ability to work productively in a high volume team environment.
• Familiarity with fund accounting software preferred.