COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
The FDA has approved COVID-19 vaccines that medical experts believe are important, safe, and effective tools in the fight against the virus. All New Yorkers age 12+ are now eligible.
Make an Appointment for NYC-Run Vaccine Clinic
By phone: 833.697.4829
Make an Appointment for In-home Vaccination Program
By phone: 877.829.4692
Booster Shot Updates:
The F.D.A. authorized a booster shot of Pfizer.
A booster shot is an additional dose of the vaccine for individuals who built protection from COVID-19 vaccination, but whose protection may have decreased over time.
The following groups are eligible and can make appointments for the booster:
- Individuals ages 65+.
- Individuals ages 18+ with an underlying medical condition or live in a nursing home / long term care facility.
- Individuals ages 18+ at higher risk of COVID-19 exposure due to occupational or institutional settings.
Only individuals who initially received Pfizer are eligible for a booster.
Individuals who received the Moderna or J&J vaccine are not eligible for a booster at this time.
To receive a booster, you must wait at least 6 months after your second dose.
For FAQ's, click here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Third Dose Updates:
- The F.D.A authorized a third dose of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
- Those who received Pfizer as their first two doses should receive Pfizer for their third dose
- Those who received Moderna as their first two doses should receive Moderna for their third dose
- A third dose is an additional dose of vaccine for individuals who did not have a strong enough response to the first two COVID-19 vaccine doses.
- The following group is eligible and can make appointments for the third dose:
- Individuals ages 12+ who received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and are moderately to severely immunocompromised.
- To receive a third dose, you must wait at least 28 days after your second dose.
- For FAQ's, click here.
COVID-19 and NYC Updates:
- All healthcare workers in NYS are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- NYC's new mandate requires workers and customers to show proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose for indoor dining and other activities.
Continue to Stay Safe
As new variants of the virus spread, stay vigilant and practice safety protocols:
- According to CDC, getting vaccinated play a crucial role in limiting the spread of the virus and minimizing severe disease and death
- Wear a mask
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands
- Avoid gatherings of all sizes
There are COVID-19 scams targeting seniors. To report a scam, call 833.829.7226. Click here for tips to avoid COVID-19 scammers.
If you need assistance scheduling a vaccine appointment or securing transportation to your vaccine appointment, contact JASA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.273.5272.