When you call JASA's Sally and Henry Pearce Help Center, we take a personal interest in you. Our trained social workers answer 10,000 calls a year from elderly New Yorkers and their families. They will find the right solution for you or your elderly relative. Our staff will:
- Ask some basic questions to understand your/your relative's situation.
- Identify a variety of services and programs to meet the situation's needs.
- Target the benefits and entitlements you/your relative may be eligible for, such as: Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, rent increase exemptions, elder pharmaceutical insurance coverage, and the Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Arrange for you/your relative to receive vital services such as: Expanded In-Home Services for the Elderly; Meals on Wheels; transportation; access to senior centers; counseling and case management, adult day care, caregiver programs.
- Schedule a home visit to complete the review when JASA has a program to help you/your relative.
- Find appropriate resources and agencies you/your relative can turn to in the local community.
We're as close as the telephone.